General Questions
How do I find books?
You may locate books and other digitial media by searching the Library's catalog system.
How do I find periodical articles (magazines, newspapers, and journal articles)?
Click this link to search the full-text databases and indexes.
How do I find out about videos and other audiovisual resources?
Check the Library Catalog. Also browse the Library's Mediagraphy list of videos organized by course.
I need more help. How do I get it? Who do I need to see?
Visit the reference desk ; call the reference desk at (718) 289-5974; or connect to Ask a Librarian for online assistance.
How do I access resources when the Library is closed?
Read the instructions on accessing resources from home
Circulating Privileges
Who can check out materials?
CUNY Students, Faculty and Staff with up-to-date ID may check out circulating materials from any CUNY Library.
What materials may be checked out?
Titles in the Circulating Collection are available for check out (periodicals, videos, microforms and Reference titles do not circulate).
How long is the check out period at BCC?
Faculty - 6 weeks; Students and Staff - 3 weeks.
May materials checked out from BCC be renewed?
Yes, it may be renewed three times if no one has placed a "hold" on it.
How do I renew materials?
Bring the materials to the Circulation Desk or Call (718-289-5441) with the barcode information from the materials and your CUNY ID or Log on to the Library catalog and click on "Renew".
What materials are only available for use on site?
Reference Collection materials, Periodicals, videos, Reserve Materials and microforms.
How many titles can be checked out?
10 per person
What are the fines for overdue items?
Ten cents per day per item.
How do I check the materials back in?
Deliver them to the Circulation Desk. Materials checked out from other CUNY Libraries may also be returned to BCC.
How long is the check out period?
3 Hours
What are the fines if it is overdue?
Sixty cents per hour
What happens if I don't pay my fines or lost book charges?
A block is put on your record, preventing you from graduating, obtaining transcripts or registering until it is paid.